The World Archery Excellence Centre offers courses catering both elite and grassroots in archery, acting as a development hub for the sport worldwide and a sports centre for community and organisations in Switzerland.
Organized training camps will be hosted several times each year. Recurve or Compound, these specialized camps will be delivered by Experts in that field. Here you will learn tips on shooting, equipment tuning, mental aspects, competition preparation and more. Our target audience includes licensed archers from club to regional to international levels.
PRE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TRAINING CAMP
The World Archery Excellence Centre (WAEC) is organizing in its facilities an international training camp as preparation for the World Archery Championships in S’Hertogenbosh (NED).
The objective of this activity is to help national teams competing in the World Archery championships to improve their preparation for this important event. The training camp is planned for the period between the end of the Hyundai Archery World Cup in Antalya and the start of the World Championships. The camp offers countries far from Europe a good solution to prepare the World Championships by staying in Europe in the Schengen area in a “State of the Art” Archery Centre, just 1h by plane from Amsterdam or Eindhoven, instead of returning home between both events. Furthermore, there will be limited availability in the Netherlands due to the Para Championships before the World Championships.
Experts: You can request an intervention from our international coaches (Juan Carlos Holgado (CH)-(ES), Kyeong Su Jeoung (KOR).)
Dates: Starting May 27 and ending June 8. Participants can choose arrival and departure dates.
Registration fee: Training camp daily fee is between CHF 150 to 200 per team/day (exact fee depends on size of the team and number of days).
Information received from teams (number of participants, total days, services requested…) allows the WAEC to provide a final tailored cost offer for the Training Camp.
We do not provide transport to or from Geneva airport or to or from Lausanne train station. Public transport information is available on www.sbb.ch/en
World Archery Excellence Centre
Chemin du Chalet Pra Roman 12, 1000 Lausanne 25, Switzerland
Access conditions: The camp is open primarily to national teams training for the World Archery Championships in S’Hertogenbosh.
The list of « partner accommodations » proposed hereafter doesn’t include the registration fees for the camp, that will be determined according to your choices (meal options) and that will be paid to the World Archery Excellence Centre.
The following prices are for information purposes only and will be paid to your host.
Please choose between the following 3 options:
- OPTION A: B&B
Stay at the guestroom Espace JayKay with local transportation, lunch and dinner.
- CHF 95 for one person per night, single room
- CHF 75 for one person per night, 2 or 3-person room
Breakfast and dinner included at the guestroom. Lunch included at the Centre.
- Choice n°1: Shared room (3 double beds): I can share a room with a person of the same gender
- Choice n°2: Single room
Note: Rooms available are limited. If the accomodation is full, another one will be proposed to you.
- OPTION B: Hotel
The closest hotel to the WAEC is the AQUATIS Hotel *** (just 8 min by car from the Centre, or 15-20 min by public transports: bus)
3-star hotel – Aquatis Hotel
- Single room: CHF 150-160 by person per night
- Double room (shared): CHF 140-150 by room per night
- Triple room (shared): CHF 160 by room per night
Breakfast included at the hotel and lunch included at the Centre.
Dinner is NOT included.
Prices can vary according to room availability in the hotel.
- Choice n°1: Shared room: I can share a room with a person of the same gender
- Choice n°2: Single room
- OPTION C: None
No accomodation, no transportation.
You choose another accommodation than those offered by our partners and organise your stay.
Food & Beverage
Lunch and dinner will be available at the WAEC. Daily menus will be published and distributed to each team before arriving (special meals like vegetarian or gluten-free upon request).
Cost per meal will be approximately CHF 18 per person. Water is included in each meal and during the entire stay at the Centre.
Geneva International Airport is the closest airport to the WAEC. Trains depart straight from the airport to Lausanne train station every 30 to 45 min. It takes 45 minutes to reach Lausanne by train. Transport in bus/vans from Lausanne train station to the hotel, or from the GVA airport to the Hotel will be organized upon request.
Transport from the Aquatis hotel to the WAEC and back to the hotel will be organized by the WAEC on a daily basis. Transport to any other hotel will be possible upon request.
Daily transportation shuttle to and from the WAEC to the Aquatis Hotel & Croisettes metro station (end of metro M2 line) will be organized twice every day (morning and afternoon sessions). Estimated cost is 15 CHF per person/day.
Public transport can be used to access the WAEC and to return to the hotel. Any person accommodated in a hotel in Lausanne receives a free public transport card to be used for this purpose.
Services options available
- Outdoor Range (70m, 50m… and any other distance needed)
- Indoor Hall (18m, 50m and 70m)
- Bow case / Archery equipment storage
- Equipment repair booth
- Shooting form Video Analysis system (video with delayed replay from 4 different angles)
- Access to fitness, sauna and hydromassage.
- Use of meeting rooms.
- High precision Spine selection-classification (partnership with the BEITER Centre)
Teams taking part in this training camp will be able to:
- Stay in or adapt to the European time zone difference before travelling to the Netherlands (especially convenient for teams from Asia, Oceania or the Americas).
- Prepare the World Championships taking part in unofficial competitions organized in the Centre, competing against archers from other national teams present. Competitions organized will include qualification rounds, elimination matches (for team, mixed team and individual categories, both in recurve and compound division).
- Practice for matches taking part in “round robin” sessions organized by the WAEC for the participants (individual, teams and mixed teams).
- Relax and take part in sightseeing activities.
Sightseeing options (to be organised under demand):
- Visit of the Olympic Museum (free of charge)
- Visit of Maison Cailler, a chocolate factory and its museum
- Visit of and walk through the Lavaux vineyards, an UNESCO heritage site.
- Visit of the Gruyère area (cheese factory and its museum, historical castle-village, Chillon Castle).
Training camp schedule
Training Camp detailed schedule will be defined with each team before arrival.
However, unofficial competitions will be organized every day. Ranking round with eliminations, as well as “round robin” sessions will be scheduled in coordination.
The training camp is limited between 6 to 8 national teams (depending on the size of each team).
Selection will be done on a first come, first served basis.
We accept payment by debit or credit card, bank transfer or cash in advance.
50% of the payment of the registration fee must be done to confirm your booking.